Microneedling is an increasingly popular option in Regina for individuals looking to improve the look and feel of their skin. At Pasqua South Medical Aesthetics, we’re pleased to offer SkinPen Precision Microneedling? The SkinPen (by Crown Aesthetics) also happens to be the first microneedling device cleared by the US FDA.
This microneedling technique has been proven to treat acne scars on people aged 22 and up in a safe and effective way. But today we’re going to explore the benefits of microneedling even further to help you decide if it’s right for you.
The benefits of microneedling
Depending on your goals, microneedling can be an incredibly effective tool for improving the look and feel of your skin.
Some of the common complaints we hear from our clients can be addressed with the SkinPen, including:
- Reducing the look of scars
- Minimizing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Improving skin texture and elasticity
- Preventing the visible signs of aging (most effective if combined with effective, medical-grade skincare products)
- Improving the appearance of stretch marks
We can’t discuss the benefits of microneedling without emphasizing the safety of the SkinPen! This tool has many safety features built in, including ingress protection.
Ingress protection ratings (or IP ratings) refer to how much protection an electrical enclosure has against solids and liquids. For a microneedling pen, it’s vital to make sure blood and fluids from a procedure don’t make their way into a device.
What about cross contamination?
The SkinPen has three different methods for ensuring there’s zero cross-contamination during a procedure.
- The cartridge head is 100% sealed so there’s no leaking.
- The base has an ultrasonic watertight seal so no bodily fluids can enter.
- A Bio-Sheath covers the entire device for added protection.
Want to learn more about the benefits of microneedling with the SkinPen and if it would be right for you? Call Pasqua South Medical Aesthetics today for more information or to book an appointment!